ArborMemorial Services a leading provider in funeral services in Alberta and acrossCanada is currently looking for a full time employee in the Calgary area. Arbor Memorial Services Inc has two locationsin Calgary. All of Arbor’s properties provide a high quality of manicured parklike conditions for the families we serve. We are looking to add to our teamwith fulltime employment opportunities at our Mountain View location. For a virtualtour of our properties and information regarding Arbor Memorial Services Inc. Please visit our website at www.arbormemorial.com to see our Calgaryarea properties.
We are seeking the services of hardworking,energetic individuals who can work in a team environment, to help provide ourfamilies with an everlasting experience when visiting our property. Thesuccessful applicant will have a detailed work ethic with the ability torecognize and make decisions in all areas of cemetery grounds maintenance and care.
Ideal candidates should possess the following qualifications:
A grade 12 education or equivalent.
A valid driver’s license
Self-motivated and capable of working with a team.
Horticulture back ground or education from a recognized program.
Some experience in motivating others and organizing one’s day.
A valid pesticide license would be an asset.
Experience and knowledge in turf and grounds maintenance includingequipment.
An excellent attention to record keeping.
Minimum Qualifications & Skills:
· The proven ability to successfully maintain equipment
· Past experience in maintaining the array of turf care equipment
· Post-secondary mechanical training
· Possess a valid driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record
· Light and heavy maintenance equipment
· Proper methods of servicing golf course equipment, and the repair and adjustment of power mowing equipment
· The theory, care, and operation of internal combustion engines and mowing equipment.
· Hazards and safety precautions of the job
· The game of golf and an understanding of how the Mechanic’s job performance affectsthe playing conditions of the golf course
· Successfully maintain equipment
· Work in a variety of weather conditions while repairing equipment, which includes being able to lift, push, or pull heavy objects
· Diagnose troubles and determine appropriate maintenance work.
· Communicate effectively and keep business records. Maintain a professional appearance
· Fully understand and be skillful in operating equipment used in the maintenance of golf course grounds.
· Work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others.
Arbor provides its employees with:
$25.51 per hour starting wage.
An 8am to 4:30 pm, 40 hour work week year round.
Some over time as necessary.
Flexible group benefits including pension.
Paid vacation annually.
Educational opportunities and training.
A positive environment in an ever changing market.
We thank all applicants in advance and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest. Only selected candidates will be contacted.