Established in 1961,the Strathcona County owned and operated Broadmoor Public Golf Course is a
full service 18-hole facility in the heart of Sherwood Park, Alberta
As an Assistant Fertility/Irrigation Technician you will perform a variety of duties related to the operation of the golf course.Primary duties include:
1. Operation, maintenance and repair of the irrigation system.
2. Assist in foliar and granular fertilizer applications across all areas of the golf course.
3.Electronic entry of fertilizer applications into the Asset Management system.
4.Scouting for turf diseases and evaluating plant growth and health. 5. Assist in the execution of turf cultural practices.
6. Perform manual and mowing tasks on the golf course as needed.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
· Provide excellent customer service to guests, members and fellow employees
· Organize and direct the daily and long term maintenance of all turf care equipment Directly work with other leaders by carrying out the responsibilities in accordance with Fairmont Hot Springs Resort policies and procedures
· Mentor and help develop staff in all areas. This includes equipment operations, safety orientation and training
· Administer purchasing (equipment Tech. P.O.’s) of parts and equipment. Work with the Superintendent to monitor expenses
· Maintain open lines of communication between the golf shop staff and Turf Care Communicate effectively with staff in regards to daily operations and tasks
· Monitor maintenance and repair of equipment to ensure proper operation Communication between the Mechanic, Assistant Superintendent and Superintendent is essential to ensure timely completion of job tasks
· Attend educational seminars to stay current with the leading technology andinformation
· Manage record keeping
· Co-operate and accept other assignments as and whenrequired
· A valid Class 5 Alberta Operators License with less than seven demerits.
· Turf Diploma, currently enrolled in a Turf Diploma program, or the desire to obtain a diploma
· Previous experience with golf course irrigation systems an asset
· Standard First Aid Certificate an asset
· WHMIS 2015 Certification an asset.
· Alberta Pesticide Applicator License an asset
If the applicant does not have the above Certifications or License, Strathcona County will supply the required courses or reimburse the costs to obtain.
$20.72 - $21.40 / hour working a 40-hour week with someweekend shifts required.
If interested please send your resume in confidence to email@example.com
Thank you for your interest. Only selected candidates will be contacted.