Silvertip is a Les Furber designed world renowned 18 hole championship course located in the Rocky Mountains of Canmore, Alberta. Just 1 hour west of Calgary and right next to Banff National Park Canmore is a picturesque and authentic mountain lifestyle community. In Canmore you will discover Canada’s Mountain Sports destination – an impressive mountain landscape offering limitless outdoor activity across an expanse of provincial parks, wildland reserves, emerald green waterways, unspoiled wilderness and snow capped mountain peaks.
The successful candidate will assist inall areas of maintenance of the golf course and winter operations of theresort. Some of the activities will include:
● Planning and supervising the maintenance of the golf course.
● Assisting with the supervision of fertilizer and pesticide applications.
● Participation in the operation / maintenance of irrigation and drainage systems.
● Day to day planning, scheduling, and documentation.
● Recruitment, selection, evaluation, and the training of employees.
● Maintaining an active role in Occupational Health and Safety,and Audubon programs.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
● Turfgrass Management diploma or degree.
● Minimum 5 years’ experience in all aspects of golf course maintenance.
● Valid Alberta pesticide landscape license (or willing to obtain).
● Strong communication, training, computer, and record keeping skills.
● Irrigation System Knowledge, specifically Toro.
● Possess a valid Driver’s License.
● Excellent Leadership skills.
● Ability to work in a team oriented environment.
The position is full time year round with benefits, RRSP contributions and a competitive compensation package to be negotiated based on experience. Staff accommodation is available.
All applications and resumes are held confidentially. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in Silvertip Golf Course; however, only selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Thank you for your interest. Only selected candidates will be contacted.