Located southwest of Edmonton and situated along the dramatic banks of the North Saskatchewan River, Blackhawk is widely considered one of Canada’s premier private facilities. Created by Alberta’s own Rod Whitman, Blackhawk was among the first modern day, minimalist designs in the country, offering wide fairways, rugged bunkering and dynamic green sites.
Description of Role
Blackhawk is seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic and team-oriented person to fill a role as Assistant Superintendent. As a member of the Turf management team, under the direction of the Golf Course Superintendent, the Assistant Superintendent will work in concert with the Equipment Manager. The Turf management team prides itself on providing excellent playing conditions for the membership, providing mentorship to young turf professionals, and creating a safe, and enjoyable working environment. This is a great opportunity to join a newly formed Turf team and continue to produce an exceptional product.
Responsibilities and Duties
Staff Training & Mentorship
Assist in Daily Planning for the Turf Maintenance Team
Maintain accurate Record Keeping
• A Turf Management Degree or Diploma, or equivalent certification from a recognized institute
• Experience as an Assistant Superintendent or 2nd Assistant is an asset
• A minimum of 5 years golf course experience
• Knowledge of Toro Irrigation Systems is an asset
• Is a team leader with excellent communication skills
• Must hold a valid Alberta Pesticide license
• Good record keeping/computer skills, and valid Driver’s License
• Knowledge of the Game of golf, its rules and etiquette
Compensation and Perks
This is a year-round position with a very competitive benefit package. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Application Deadline: January 22,2022
Only candidates screened for interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest. Only selected candidates will be contacted.