Calgary Golf and Country Club is a private 18 hole golf club located minutes away from down town Calgary. The club was established in 1897 and has been in the current location since 1911. The club takes great pride in creating a great experience for club members, their quests and for those who work for the club.
Description of Role
This essential role would be to work closely with the grounds department leadership team as we chase excellence in caring for the property. This would involve planning, overseeing and or participating with any of the day to day activities required, working with a grounds crew of up to 40 in a fast pace environment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Keeness to be involved with all aspects of preparing the golf course for daily play.
- Directly involved with Water Managment of the property.
- Keeness to master the art of application of granular and spayable products.
- Keeness to be involved with Human Resource Managment processess.
- Keeness to asssit the leadership team with managing the Grounds Department.
- Together we would create a work experience that provides individual growth.
- Current student in a recognized turfgrass/golf course managment program.
- Any type of landscape/golf course maintenance experience would be an asset.
- Person with a positive attitude and passion for the golf business.
- Person with a drive to compete in a healthy working environment.
Compensation and Perks
- Houraly Rate determined by ones experience/education. Wage Range $18 to $25.
- AGSA, CGSA, GCSAA association membership dues covered.
- Attend 2022 AGSA Property Managers Conference.
- Cover costs associated with earning an Alberta Pesticide Applicators License.
- Club Uniform & PPE supplied and we will cover costs of footware, gloves, rain gear.
If this opportunity interests you, we encourage you to reach out and let's have a great conversation about the possibilities for the upcoming season.
Thank you for your interest. Only selected candidates will be contacted.