The Connaught Golf Club, www.connaughtgolf.com, a semi-private, 18 Hole golf course, located in Medicine Hat, Alberta is in search of a candidate to fill the Superintendent Position. Experience a golf season in the “Sunniest City” in Canada, where a full 7-month playing season is often the norm.
Description of Role
Working under the direction of the General Manager/Board of Directors, the successful applicant must possess strong leadership skills in combination with the ability to motivate, manage and educate.
Responsibilities and Duties
Long Range Planning for both Capital Projects and Equipment
Responsible for the Turf Management Team
Budgeting & related Administration
• A Turf Management Degree or Diploma, or equivalent certification from a recognized institute
• A Minimum of 5 years as an Assistant Superintendent
• Knowledge of Toro Irrigation Systems an asset
• Is a team leader with excellent communication skills
• Must hold a valid Alberta Pesticide license (or ability to obtain)
• Good record keeping/computer skills.
• Valid Driver’s License
• Knowledge of the Game of golf, its rules and etiquette
Compensation and Perks
This is a year-round position with a very competitive benefit package. Salary is commensurate with experience
Application Deadline: January 19, 2022
Only candidates screened for interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest. Only selected candidates will be contacted.