Country Hills is a private 36-hole golf course located in northwest Calgary.
Description of Role
We are looking for a positive, highly motivated person to join our turf management team. The successful candidate will support the senior management team in the daily operations of the grounds department. Interns will be exposed to as many aspects of our maintenance operation as possible and will be responsible to help guide their own learning experiences to meet personal goals and intentions.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist the management team in all aspects of the daily maintenance program
- Set a positive example for other staff members in attitude, appearance, and work ethic
- Anticipate and recognize issues and provide solutions
- Participate in the execution of the club's fertility and IPM programs as well as cultural programs
-perform a wide vareity of tasks dictated by the needs of the club as wellas your own self interests
- Provide leadership whever possible
- Completion of or currently enrolled in a postsecondary turfgrass management program
- Proven ability as a leader on a positive, prograssive, goal-oriented team
- A strong desire to continually improve the golf courses and the grounds department practices
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment
- Possession of a valid pesticide license or ability to obtain one
- A positive attitude, desire to learn, and love of the outdoors
- Previous golf course maintenance experience
- Knowledge of the rules of golf and a genuine enjoyment of the game
- Must be legally able to work in Canada
Compensation and Perks
Please submit cover letter and resume by January 31st, 2022
Thank you for your interest. Only selected candidates will be contacted.