D’Arcy Ranch Golf Club is an 18 hole, Par 72, Championship Golf Course located on the outskirts of Okotoks, AB. Opening for play in 1991, it was designed with a balance that maintains harmony with the tree-lined ravine, escarpments, slopes and water. A style and presence of national stature with unending challenges.
The Turfcare team employs 5 Full-time staff, and approximately 25 seasonal grounds workers who work daily to provide championship level conditions.
Description of Role
D'Arcy Ranc h Golf Club is currently recruiting Interns for the 2022 season. An intern at D'Arcy Ranch is a key member of the turf department working with the management staff. An Intership at D'Arcy Ranch will provide successful applicants the ability to learn and develop within the Turfcare business, by gaining hands on experience in all areas including Cultural Practices, Staff Management, and other day to day operations.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a member of the management team, under the direction of the Golf Course Superintendent and Assistant Superintendents, the Turf Care Interns responsibilities will include:
• Conducting cultural practices including fertilizing, topdressing, watering, and chemical applications.
• Assist with irrigation repairs and maintenance.
• Assist in the training and supervision of staff.
• Carry out smaller scale construction and renovation projects.
• Involvement within IPM programs.
• Learning all aspects of Golf Course Maintenance.
Applicants for position should posses the following qualifications:
• Currently enrolled in a Turf Management Diploma/Degree program.
• Previous Golf Course maintenance experience.
• Willingness to learn and work in a team atmosphere.
• Strong work ethic, enthusiastic, and self-motivated.
The successful candidates will be required to submit pertinent information, including goals and objectives, pertaining to their internship requirements prior to the start of employment so that the management team can ensure successful completion.
Compensation and Perks
This is a full-time seasonal position (40-50 hours per week, April 15 – Nov 15, or to fit students summer break). A competitive, negotiable hourly wage based on education and experience is offered. We also offer staff uniforms, meal discounts, golfing privileges, AGSA and CGSA membership dues, and a safe and enjoyable working environment.
There is also the opportunity to apply for 1 of 5 D'Arcy Ranch Family Scholorships of $1000-2000 each.
Thank you for your interest. Only selected candidates will be contacted.