Who We Are - Fairmont Hot Springs Resort, home to Canada’s largest natural mineral hot springs, is a year-round destination nestled in the heart of the British Columbia Rocky Mountains and the stunning Columbia Valley.
Guests and day visitors can enjoy everything one of Canada’s most all-encompassing experiences has to offer including the legendary natural mineral hot springs pools, 45 holes of golf across 3 courses, a stunning RV resort and a campground, the Natural Springs Spa, our family-friendly ski area,and a variety of outdoor experiences and activities.
Our full-service destination resort promises to create memories and to connect people through the wonder of nature.
Who You Are - You are an enthusiastic, hands-on individual with a can-do attitude. You are a strong communicator and work well with guests and colleagues. You enjoy working with and repairing equipment. Your strong problem solving skills combined with your mechanical abilities set you up for success.Your experience and knowledge within a maintenance repair environment make you an ideal candidate for this position.
You will embrace our Vision and Brand Promise to deliver the best Rocky Mountain experiences and memories for our guests.
Position Summary - The Turf Care Mechanic is responsible to ensure the smooth operation of all turf care maintenance equipment including hydraulics, reel grinding,diesel and gas engines as well as preventive maintenance programs.
The Turf Care Mechanic properly communicates any needs or problems relating to the maintenance or repair of equipment to the Golf Course Superintendent. The Mechanic places safety as a top priority and is responsible for maintaining a clean service area and maintenance building.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
· Provide excellent customer service to guests, members and fellow employees
· Organize and direct the daily and long term maintenance of all turf care equipment Directly work with other leaders by carrying out the responsibilities in accordance with Fairmont Hot Springs Resort policies and procedures
· Mentor and help develop staff in all areas. This includes equipment operations, safety orientation and training
· Administer purchasing (equipment Tech. P.O.’s) of parts and equipment. Work with the Superintendent to monitor expenses
· Maintain open lines of communication between the golf shop staff and Turf Care Communicate effectively with staff in regards to daily operations and tasks
· Monitor maintenance and repair of equipment to ensure proper operation Communication between the Mechanic, Assistant Superintendent and Superintendent is essential to ensure timely completion of job tasks
· Attend educational seminars to stay current with the leading technology andinformation
· Manage record keeping
· Co-operate and accept other assignments as and whenrequired
Minimum Qualifications & Skills:
· The proven ability to successfully maintain equipment
· Past experience in maintaining the array of turf care equipment
· Post-secondary mechanical training
· Possess a valid driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record
· Light and heavy maintenance equipment
· Proper methods of servicing golf course equipment, and the repair and adjustment of power mowing equipment
· The theory, care, and operation of internal combustion engines and mowing equipment.
· Hazards and safety precautions of the job
· The game of golf and an understanding of how the Mechanic’s job performance affectsthe playing conditions of the golf course
· Successfully maintain equipment
· Work in a variety of weather conditions while repairing equipment, which includes being able to lift, push, or pull heavy objects
· Diagnose troubles and determine appropriate maintenance work.
· Communicate effectively and keep business records. Maintain a professional appearance
· Fully understand and be skillful in operating equipment used in the maintenance of golf course grounds.
· Work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others.
Thank you for your interest. Only selected candidates will be contacted.