The Nanton Golf Club is a short 45 mins south of Calgary on QE II. It is located on the north end of the scenic Porcupine Hills. The course is a challenging 18 Holes known to be playable for all ages and skill levels. The Front Nine is compact with challenging well shaped greens and tree lined fairways. The Back Nine is wide spread with water coming in to play on all but 1 hole. One of the finest practice facilities in the province is spread out over 27 acres adjacent to the 2 acre paved parking lot. We like to call it a Club in the Country not a Country Club, as the prime conditions and laid back atmosphere provide an enjoyable experience for all to enjoy the great game of golf.
The successful candidate will be motivated, hard working individual with experience in all aspects of the golf course grounds operation. Under the guidance of the superintendent, the Assistant will learn the intricacies of this unique property and be involved in all day today activities on the grounds
* Turf Management
* Disease , Pest Control and Diagnosis
* Fertility Programs
* Spray applications
* Irrigation Maintenance
* Staff Recruitment and Management
* A Degree/Dipolma from a recognized Turf Management Program
* A valid Alberta Pesticide license or the ability to obtain one over a 2 year period
* Strong Communication Skills and record keeping
* Ability to effectively manage and motivate seasonal employees
* A understanding of OHS and Alberta Employment Standards
* Ability to diagnose and monitor cut quality and performance of grounds equipment
At the end of the 2 year period the current Superintendent will be stepping down so the successful candidate will ultimately assume the Superintendents role for the 2023 Season.
Thank you for your interest. Only selected candidates will be contacted.