Welcome to Northern Bear Golf Course, a Jack Nicklaus Signature Course, located in Sherwood Park, Alberta, just 30 minutes from downtown Edmonton. Built on Jack Nicklaus' legendary tradition of designing prestigious and spectacular courses, it offers the ultimate play for every golf enthusiast. The Bear is a perfect blend of tree lined fairways, strategic bunker placements, five lakes, and USGA standard greens. With five sets of tees ranging from 5800 to 7400 yards, it is designed to entice novice and experts alike.
Description of Role
Northern Bear Golf Club is searching for a self-motivated individual to fill the role of Golf Course Mechanic. Under the direction of the Golf Course Superintendent, the position entails diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing, and performing preventative maintenance on the entire turf equipment fleet. An integral responsibility of the position is maintaining a high quality of cut and consistency among all rotary and reel mowers.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure that all equipment is set up and prepared to accomplish daily tasks.
- Inspect, diagnose and repair mechanical issues in diesel, electric and gas powered engines.
- Maintain and prioritize a preventative maintenance program.
- Working Knowledge of golf course cutting units: Grinding, HOC, Quality of Cut
- Record keeping of equipment conditions, parts inventories, and cost of repairs.
- Assist with instructing employees on proper operation and cleaning on all equipment.
- Perform basic fabrication and welding duties.
- Ability to lift heavy objects (50lbs) and perform physical labor.
-Post Secondary Education from a recognized University or College in a related field
-Minimum 3 years Mechanic Experience
-Golf industry experience
Compensation and Perks
Competitive Wage Based on Experience
Monthly Food & Beverage Allowance
Cell Phone Allowance
Thank you for your interest. Only selected candidates will be contacted.