The Riverview Golf Club is a non-profit public golf course located in Redcliff, Alberta, just west of Medicine Hat and features stunning views of the river valley and the Cypress Hills. We offer 4 sets of tee boxes to accommodate golfers of all levels. We have changed our Board of Directors and Management at Riverview Golf Club and our focus is to create a place for everyone in our community to experience excellent course conditions, socialize in a family-friendly environment, and enjoy playing the game of golf.
Description of Role
As a working Superintendent this individual will be required to have experience and knowledge in Turfgrass management and treatment applications. The ideal candidate will possess excellent leadership and troubleshooting skills with the ability to supervise, mentor and train employees and provide daily technical advice to Turfcare employees and oversee work in progress.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for all phases of Turfcare Maintenance and Agronomic operations, cost control, and personnel.
- Works closely with, advises, and coordinates with the Head Golf Shop Professional on any issues related to Turfcare maintenance.
- Liaison to all outside vendors associated with Turfcare and Golf Course operations.
- Turfgrass Management Diploma
- Pesticide Application Certificate
- Site Pro Irrigation Experience
- Minimum 3 years practical golf course management experience
- Valid drivers license and clean driving record required
Compensation and Perks
This position is seasonal salaried to start that could lead to a full time year round position.
Thank you for your interest. Only selected candidates will be contacted.