The Royal Mayfair Golf Club, established in 1922, is a private membership club, located in the heart of Edmonton’s River Valley. The Royal Mayfair is a Stanley Thompson design and received its royal designation in 2005. Today, the Royal Mayfair, enshrouded in a rich history, is one of the longest-standing golf clubs in Edmonton and is committed to the upkeep of championship playing conditions.
Description of Role
The Royal Mayfair Golf Club is looking for 2 AIT’s for the 2020 season. The candidate(s) will work in close coordination with the Superintendent and Sr. Assistant Superintendent in the day-to-day operation of the golf course. Although a variety of experience is an asset and beneficial to the position, our primary focus in hiring, is heavily designed, around an individual’s attitude, ability to effectively communicate, and his/her ability to lead a team. This position is designed for an individual who may have limited experience (preferably 2+ years) in the turf industry, but are looking to strengthen their technical ability, while honing their leadership skill set.
Responsibilities and Duties
The AIT(s) will be required to work a minimum of 40hrs/week. The shift will be finalized upon hire but will be a 5-day work week and this can include weekends. Responsibilities can include, but are not limited to:
• Demonstrating a professional appearance and workplace attitude
• Assisting in the daily planning, execution and supervision of staff
• Assisting in training of staff on equipment operation in compliance with the club’s safety procedures
• Assisting with all cultural practices (ie: topdressing, aeration, overseeding,etc)
• Assisting with water management of all playing surfaces through scouting and syringing
• Leading small groups of staff on a variety of on-course projects
• Participate on both departmental and club safety committee
• A student currently enrolled in or having just completed a recognized landscape or turfgrass management program.
• Preferably, a minimum of 2 years working experience on a golf course
• Valid driver’s license
• A valid Alberta Pesticide License is an asset, but not required
Compensation and Perks
Additional Benefits: Association membership for AGSA and AGSA conference.
Thank you for your interest. Only selected candidates will be contacted.