Silvertip is a Les Furber designed worldrenowned 18 hole championship course located in the Rocky Mountains of Canmore,Alberta. Just 1 hour west of Calgary and right next to Banff National ParkCanmore is a picturesque and authentic mountain lifestyle community. In Canmoreyou will discover Canada’s Mountain Sports destination – an impressive mountainlandscape offering limitless outdoor activity across an expanse of provincialparks, wildland reserves, emerald green waterways, unspoiled wilderness and snowcappedmountain peaks.
The successful candidate will assist in all areas of maintenance of the golf course and winter operations of the resort. Some of the activities will include:
● Planning and supervising the maintenance of the golf course.
● Assisting with the supervision of fertilizer and pesticide applications.
● Participation in the operation / maintenance of irrigation and drainage systems.
● Day to day planning, scheduling, and documentation.
● Recruitment, selection, evaluation, and the training of employees.
● Maintaining an active role in Occupational Health and Safety,and Audubon programs.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
· Provide excellent customer service to guests, members and fellow employees
· Organize and direct the daily and long term maintenance of all turf care equipment Directly work with other leaders by carrying out the responsibilities in accordance with Fairmont Hot Springs Resort policies and procedures
· Mentor and help develop staff in all areas. This includes equipment operations, safety orientation and training
· Administer purchasing (equipment Tech. P.O.’s) of parts and equipment. Work with the Superintendent to monitor expenses
· Maintain open lines of communication between the golf shop staff and Turf Care Communicate effectively with staff in regards to daily operations and tasks
· Monitor maintenance and repair of equipment to ensure proper operation Communication between the Mechanic, Assistant Superintendent and Superintendent is essential to ensure timely completion of job tasks
· Attend educational seminars to stay current with the leading technology andinformation
· Manage record keeping
· Co-operate and accept other assignments as and whenrequired
The successful candidate will possess thefollowing:
● Turfgrass Management diploma or degree.
● Minimum 3 years’ experience in all aspects of golf coursemaintenance.
● Valid Alberta pesticide landscape license (or willing toobtain).
● Strong communication, training, computer, and record keepingskills.
● Irrigation System Knowledge, specifically Toro.
● Possess a valid Driver’s License.
● Excellent Leadership skills.
● Ability to work in a team oriented environment.
The position is full time year round with benefits, RRSP contributions and a competitive compensation package to be negotiated based on experience. Staff accommodation is available.
Thank you for your interest. Only selected candidates will be contacted.