The Glencoe Golf & Country Club is a private golf club located on 440 acres along the Elbow River outside southwest Calgary. Originally built in 1984 the original Forest and Meadows 18-hole courses were joined by The Bridges nine in 2006 bringing the club up to 45 holes in addition to a versatile practice facility that includes a 300 yard driving range and short game area for pitching, chipping, and putting. The Forest course finished a major renovation in 2014.
Description of Role
We are seeking individuals enrolled in a turf management program who possess a passion for the game of golf to be part of our leadership group and help guide a team of up to 80 people during our golf season. The Internship can be tailored to best fit the goals and needs of the individual, and interns are expected to submit a list of learning objectives that will be completed with the help of the management team and reviewed throughout the season.
Responsibilities and Duties
Responsibilities will vary based on the experience and learning goals of the individual. Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with the daily maintenance of the property
- Cultural practices & product applications
- Record keeping and data collection
- Assisting with equipment maintenance and reel grinding
- Irrigation System Use (Programming, repair, monitoring, etc.)
- Opportunity to lead teams through various projects
- Opportunity to participate in management meetings and daily planning
Valid driver's license
Be enrolled in a turfgrass management program
Compensation and Perks
Competitive wage based on experience
Golfing privileges and use of the Practice Facility.
Staff meal plan
Thank you for your interest. Only selected candidates will be contacted.