Duties & Responsibilities:
• Works with the Supervisor, Golf Turf and other key staff members to constantly improve the golf course grounds, maintenance facility, plus all safety programs.
• Thoroughly assist in all safety training needs and procedures and assists in the orientation of staff members to help them obtain a thorough understanding of their job classification, objectives and duties.
• Help promote player satisfaction through quality maintenance and communications.
• Helps the Supervisor, Golf Turf schedule and coordinate the daily operations and work assignments of the maintenance crew and golf course staff
• Always communicates in a professional manner including management and other staff on the property, suppliers, players and other guests.
• Directs and participates in the maintenance of the golf course including tees, greens, fairways, bunkers, cart paths and the rough.
• Must be competent to operate a Toro Lynx Central control system and be able to perform all duties or tasks relevant to the operation and maintenance of the Irrigation system.
• Helps supervise the maintenance and repair of motorized and other mechanical equipment.
• Continues educational development by reading selected materials and attending local turf seminars.
• Inspects all equipment and tools that are assigned to specific tasks and reports any deficiencies to the Equipment Head Mechanic.
• Other related duties as required.
• Post-secondary education from an accredited program in horticulture or landscaping (or vocational trade two-year minimum program) from a recognized institution is required. Five years' experience in a greenskeeper position or a related field.
• Ability to perform heavy physical labour. May be required to work in an environment that includes such activities as bending, lifting, stooping, kneeling, climbing, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling and grasping for up to 5 hours without sitting. Will be required to lift up to 25 kg (55 lbs) occasionally and up to 23 kg (50 lbs) frequently.
• Regularly plays golf to keep current with trends and practices in the sport.
• Is capable of the proper application of pesticides and fertilizers and will possess a pesticide applicators licence for the province of Saskatchewan or work toward achieving one.
• A valid Class 5 Driver’s License registered in Alberta or Saskatchewan with an acceptable Driver’s Abstract is required. This position may be required to operate a municipal vehicle for business purposes.
Thank you for your interest. Only selected candidates will be contacted.