Mickelson National Golf Club is an exciting new world class golf club located west of Calgary. The championship design is by 5-time major winner and world golf hall of fame member Phil Mickelson. Mickelson National is designed to facilitate large volumes of spectators to potentially host professional golf tournaments such as the Canadian Open. 2021 will be the first full golf season for Mickelson National Golf Club.
Currently in our first full season of operation we are in the process of creating our long term championship management team and are are looking for an Assistant Superintendent in charge of grounds , Irrigation Technician and Foreman / Turf Technician to join the progressive team. See below for details and how to apply for the position. The successful candidates will report directly to the Golf Course Superintendent and Assistant Superintendents.
Description of Role
We are looking for an an Assitant Superintendent Grounds ,Irrigation Technician and Turf Technician / Foreman to join our progressive team. The three management positions will be key contributors in progressing Mickelson National Golf Club to the next level. See below for details and how to apply for the position. The successful candidates will report directly to the Golf Course Superintendent and Assistant Superintendents.
Responsibilities and Duties
Assist in all facets of planning, supervising, and maintaining the golf course/ grounds.
Instruct / train equipment operators on the operation of equipment.
Assist with pesticide / fertility applications.
Actively participate in the operation of maintenance pumps, irrigation and drainage systems.
Be available for other functions.
Golf Mickelson National on a regular basis.
Golf courses in surrounding area.
• Possess Turfgrass Certificate/Diploma/Degree or working towards these credentials
• Valid Driver's License (Required)
• Knowledge of Irrigation and Electrical Repair (Required)
• Knowledge of Toro irrigation system (Preferred)
• Possess a general understanding of golf course maintenance
• Have reliable transportation to be on time for work
• Ability to complete tasks on time and in coordination with other crew members and their tasks
• Able to work independently and part of a team
• Follow instructions and directions set forth by the Superintendent and Assistant Superintendents
• Flexibility in schedule and willing to work weekends or as required
• Grounds and Projects experience
Compensation and Perks
The positions are being created for the first time and can be hourly or salary. Please email or call for further information or discussion.
Thank you for your interest. Only selected candidates will be contacted.