Working at Gallagher’s Canyon is like being surrounded by friends and family every day. We have a warm, fun, and relaxed, yet professional environment. We take pride in our acclaimed and popular courses and are looking forward to the upcoming course enhancement projects that will allow our Teams to use their knowledge and creativity to continue to elevate our Guests’ experience.
The Guest and Team Member experience is further enhanced by our Core Standards, FIRST.
• Friendly and Helpful
• Initiative and Action
• Respect and Dignity
• Sales and Service
• Team and Facility Appearance
Gallagher’s Canyon is owned and operated by the GolfBC Group, whose mission is to be The First Choice for Golf. GolfBC features 5 championship properties strategically located throughout beautiful British Columbia and even one in Hawaii! The opportunity to work at a GolfBC facility offers an array of employee benefits and promotion opportunities; we love to help our Team grow.
Description of Role
Gallagher’s Canyon in Kelowna, British Columbia is one of Canada’s Top 100 Courses, regarded as one of the best championship facilities in Western Canada, and host to the GolfBC Championship, a Mackenzie PGA Tour Canada event. We are looking for a knowledgeable and motivated Superintendent able to take our playing conditions to the next level.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to grow their skills managing our expansive grounds, including the 18-hole championship Canyon Course, the 9-hole mid-length Pinnacle Course, a double-ended practice facility, a wedding site, and club house gardens. With some exciting projects and developments in the works, our next Superintendent will have the opportunity to have a great impact on our facility.
Responsibilities and Duties
1. Golf Course Maintenance and Upgrades
• Ensure the entire Grounds Department operates efficiently while maintaining exceptional playing conditions
• Oversee the property maintenance and aesthetic, conducive to a championship facility
• Oversee course infrastructure including drainage, hydraulic irrigation system, cart paths, etc.
• Provide key updates to senior leadership Team Members
• Continue to develop the detailed hole by hole Golf Course Master Plan
• Prepare and manage the operating budget and update the five-year capital plan
• Oversee equipment maintenance and repair
• Coordinate golf course improvement projects
2. Team Member Development
• Recruit, coach, train and supervise the Maintenance Team to optimum performance while ensuring their safety
• Develop and engage the Team with the GolfBC Manifesto
• Ensure the Team is scheduled effectively, and payroll completed on time
3. Guest Experience
• Maintain course conditions that exceed Guest expectations
• Ensure the Team is knowledgeable and able to answer Guest questions
• 5 to 10 years of experience in, and a solid understanding of the golf course industry
• Relevant education in agronomy or plant and soil science and Turfgrass Management
• Strong problem solving, decision making and organizational skills
• Excellent interpersonal, leadership and English communication skills
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment and on evenings/weekends/holidays when necessary
• Willing to be hands on with the Team as well as complete necessary admin tasks
• Experience liaising with construction companies is an asset
Compensation and Perks
• A competitive base salary where knowledge and experience will be rewarded
• Performance based bonus
• Generous extended health and dental benefits, 100% employer paid
• RRSP matching (after waiting period)
• Flexible health spending account
• Golf and meal perks
• Use of a new company vehicle
• Cell phone
• Clothing allowance and association dues
Thank you for your interest. Only selected candidates will be contacted.