Mechanic, Turf Care
Who We Are - Fairmont Hot Springs Resort, home to Canada’s largest natural mineral hot springs, is a year-round destination nestled in the heart of the British Columbia Rocky Mountains and the stunning Columbia Valley.
Guests and day visitors can enjoy everything one of Canada’s most all-encompassing experiences has to offer including the legendary natural mineral hot springs pools, 45 holes of golf across 3 courses, a stunning RV resort and a campground, the Natural Springs Spa, our family-friendly ski area,and a variety of outdoor experiences and activities.
Our full-service destination resort promises to create memories and to connect people through the wonder of nature.
Who You Are - You are an enthusiastic, hands-on individual with a can-do attitude. You are a strong communicator and work well with guests and colleagues. You enjoy working with and repairing equipment. Your strong problem solving skills combined with your mechanical abilities set you up for success.Your experience and knowledge within a maintenance repair environment make you an ideal candidate for this position.
You will embrace our Vision and Brand Promise to deliver the best Rocky Mountain experiences and memories for our guests.
Position Summary - The Turf Care Mechanic is responsible to ensure the smooth operation of all turf care maintenance equipment including hydraulics, reel grinding,diesel and gas engines as well as preventive maintenance programs.
The Turf Care Mechanic properly communicates anyneeds or problems relating to the maintenance or repair of equipment to theGolf Course Superintendent. The Mechanic places safety as a top priority and isresponsible for maintaining a clean service area and maintenance building.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
· Provideexcellent customer service to guests, members and fellow employees
· Organizeand direct the daily and long term maintenance of all turf care equipment Directly work with other leaders by carryingout the responsibilities in accordance with Fairmont Hot Springs Resortpolicies and procedures
· Mentorand help develop staff in all areas. This includes equipment operations, safetyorientation and training
· Administerpurchasing (equipment Tech. P.O.’s) of parts and equipment. Work with the Superintendent to monitorexpenses
· Maintainopen lines of communication between the golf shop staff and Turf CareCommunicate effectively with staff in regards to daily operations and tasks
· Monitormaintenance and repair of equipment to ensure proper operation Communication between the Mechanic, AssistantSuperintendent and Superintendent is essential to ensure timely completion ofjob tasks
· Attendeducational seminars to stay current with the leading technology andinformation
· Managerecord keeping
· Co-operate and accept other assignments as and whenrequired
Minimum Qualifications & Skills:
· Theproven ability to successfully maintain equipment
· Pastexperience in maintaining the array of turf care equipment
· Post-secondarymechanical training
· Possessa valid driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record
· Lightand heavy maintenance equipment
· Propermethods of servicing golf course equipment, and the repair and adjustment ofpower mowing equipment
· Thetheory, care, and operation of internal combustion engines and mowingequipment.
· Hazardsand safety precautions of the job
· Thegame of golf and an understanding of how the Mechanic’s job performance affectsthe playing conditions of the golf course
· Successfullymaintain equipment
· Workin a variety of weather conditions while repairing equipment, which includesbeing able to lift, push, or pull heavy objects
· Diagnosetroubles and determine appropriate maintenance work.
· Communicateeffectively and keep business records. Maintain a professional appearance
· Fullyunderstand and be skillful in operating equipment used in the maintenance ofgolf course grounds.
· Worksafely without presenting a direct threat to self or others.